After activating Filter (from the Data Tab), select one of the drop arrows located next to each field heading and select the item(s) to filter by or explore other options depending on whether the field is text, number, or date. You can filter on additional columns as well, each time narrowing the number of results.
- [Voiceover] On this worksheet called filter,…we've got a list, extends from column A to column L.…It's a large list, relatively large.…As I click on one of the cells in column C, for example,…I'll double-click the bottom edge,…it takes us down to the bottom.…We've got 742 rows here…and I don't want to see all the data right now.…I'm focused on just seeing certain departments let's say.…The feature we're about to talk about called a filter…is like sorting dependent upon a list…that has no empty rows or columns within it.…So occasionally as you work with data,…if you only see it occasionally or if you've never seen it,…just make sure that your data is together…without any empty rows or empty columns.…
Remember a couple of tips here,…you can click within the data, press Control + A,…then press Control period four or five times.…This will move the active cell around the corners…just to more or less prove or reinforce…the idea this data is together as a unit.…We can click in any cell within the data…and certainly the most common way, but not the only way,…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.