- After you create a scenario, you can display its values…in your worksheet.…I will show you how to do that, and how to hide…a scenario's values in this movie.…Combining scenarios and solver can lead to some…tricky situations, so you should always work with…a backup copy of your main worksheet.…My sample file for this movie…is the Show Scenarios Excel Workbook.…You can find that in the chapter seven folder…of the exercise files collection.…This workbook already contains…two scenarios, so I'll display those…by clicking the data tab on the ribbon,…and then in the data tools group…click "what if analysis".…
And then click "scenario manager".…And you can see that they're two scenarios,…one called reroute one, and one called original values.…If I want to apply a scenario to the workbook,…I can click it in this case I will select reroute one,…and in the bottom of the scenario dialogue box…click "show".…Doing so changes the values in the worksheet,…and you can see that the total cost calculated in cell…C20 has changed.…
- Identify where the Solver add-in appears after being installed.
- List the steps to populate a cell with whole dollar amounts.
- Identify the style used to format numbers with a thousands separator.
- Name the error you will receive if you try to solve a nonlinear problem with the simplex LP method.
- Recall the length of the season and the number of games per week in the sports scheduling problem.
- List what the Scenario Manager allows you to do.
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.