- [Instructor] Because Excel has so many…command buttons in the ribbon menu system,…at times, you can't find the command.…You're not sure which tab to click…and then "Where is that button that I need here?".…What's really helpful is what we call the shortcut menu.…Any time, in Excel, when you use the right mouse button,…you get a pop-up menu…and sometimes, you will also get…what's called a mini-toolbar.…Now, I might want a new row between rows six and seven here…and I'm not sure where to find this.…I think they use the term insert.…Imagine that little scenario.…So I'm gonna go to the Insert tab up on the ribbon…and I'm gonna look around here.…
I will not find what I want because it's not there.…How am I supposed to know that?…So, what I'm going to do, and here, too,…maybe it's guesswork, but I'm going…to right-click on row seven.…This is the actual row number here.…I'm going to right-click.…And what pops up here is an abbreviated list of commands…taken from the main menus.…They're not necessarily all from the Home tab.…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.