Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Shopping Basket Analysis, part of Excel Data-Mining Fundamentals.
- Ok let's look at the very cool Shopping Basket Analysis…Tool and all's we need really to run this is here…you see Order Numbers, so we have the Order Numbers…generated on out and within that Order Numbers we know…what they bought under Helmets they bought a Sport-100…whatever that is and how much it cost.…So if we just click Shopping Basket Analysis,…Transaction ID, which we have to have and…Item is Category and we have this Optional down in here…which is the product price, and we'll leave that,…and we'll call Run and let her do her work.…
Very handy, very easy to use, OK.…So, it created these different bundles it appended…to my workbook two more sheets…and now you see the bundles that I have,…for example, Mountain Bikes, Tires, Number of Sales…Bundle Size 2, 2 of these things in here,…and here's one that's got 3, Mountain Bikes, Bottles…and Helmets and there 172 times and the value and ecterea…and if you come over to these recommendation,…this is pretty cool, so down here we'd recommend…Selected Item Fenders next to Mountain Bikes,…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.