Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up single- and multiple-level subtotals, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- In this workbook we're looking at a worksheet…called Subtotals.…If you're working with lists of data,…there will be times when you like to…be able to get some subsidiary totals in here.…Now in this current list,…it might not be in the order that you want it to be in.…Perhaps we might want to tabulate totals by Department.…Less likely by Building, but possibly.…By Status, probably not by Month.…Possibly by Benefits combination package.…But the idea is if you want to insert subtotals in a list,…you have to sort the data.…
At least think out the idea…that the data needs to be organized coherently.…Now this is a feature that is not found on the Data tab.…It's that kind of a command,…but it's not found in the Data tab in the ribbon.…It is found on the Data menu…at the top of the screen under Subtotals.…In future versions I imagine it will be on the Data tab.…Let's imagine that we might want to have…some subtotals by Department.…We might also want to have subtotals within subtotals.…in other words, we might want to see…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011with David Rivers1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.