Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the problem's criteria in Solver, part of Solving Optimization and Scheduling Problems in Excel.
- The worksheet we've created so far in this chapter…contains all of the data and formulas…we need to find a Solution.…In this movie, we will define a Solver Model…that uses the worksheet's data and formulas…along with constraints on values…a valid Solution can include…to find the lowest-cost mixture of ingredients…that meets our criteria.…The sample file I'm using is LinearMixture_Model…and that is an Excel Workbook you can find…in the Chapter 2 folder of the exercise files collection.…
So here we have our spreadsheet.…I have the cost of each of the five mixtures…that we're going to be including in our Solution.…We have the number of units of each mix to include,…the total units, the target number of total units,…the number of units that are required, which is 13,…and the total cost.…In the bottom part of this worksheet…I have details of each of the five mixtures,…Mix1 through Mix5,…and the relative content of each of the four crystals…that we want to include in the final.…
On the right side of this bottom part…
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Organizing worksheets
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Solving linear and nonlinear mixture problems
- Solving transportation problems
- Solving resource scheduling or sports scheduling problems
- Analyzing Solver results
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.