Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting VBA project properties, part of Learning VBA in Excel.
Writing VBA code using the Visual Basic Editor isn't difficult,…but the labels Excel uses to identify and describe your code are pretty generic.…You can make your code easier to work with by changing the name of the VBA…project and by protecting your workbook's code.…To display the Project Properties dialog box, you display the Visual Basic…Editor, pressing Alt+F11, and then click tools > VBA Properties.…The Properties dialog box has two pages:…the General page where you can add information about your project, and…Protection ,where you can require users to enter a password to view your VBA code.…
Let's start with the General page where the first box lets you give your Project a name.…Giving your project a name has two advantages.…First, it explains the intent of your code to anyone who has to maintain your…workbook if you are on vacation or no longer with the company.…Also, if you haven't revisited a workbook's code for a few years, you'll…probably need every reminder you can get.…Secondly, setting a project name helps distinguish your workbook's code in the Project panel.…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
Excel 2010: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Dennis Taylor3h 43m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.