In this video, learn how to send a copy of a workbook via email as an attachment without leaving Excel, and even attach the file in another format, such as PDF.
- [Instructor] When you're not necessarily interested…in sharing your workbook online,…you may want to simply send a copy of it…to someone or many people via email…and that, too, can be done.…A nice little feature is the ability…to convert it to PDF along the way,…so you're actually sending a read-only copy…of your workbook for people to view.…That's what we're going to do in this movie…with our completed Red30 projected revenues workbook,…here, R30Revenues03_final, again,…that's in your chapter three folder of the exercise files.…
This time, let's go up to File, and go down to Share.…This is the same as clicking the Share button,…I just wanted you to see it, and then down below,…you can see we can send our Excel workbook via email,…by using the Excel Workbook option,…but if we want to attach a read-only copy,…we can go to the Send a PDF option,…which will convert it for us on the fly, let's do that.…So as we click this, some things are happening now…in the background, first of all,…Outlook, if it's not already running, is launched,…
- Explore efficient methods for adding functions and formulas.
- Format text, numbers, dates, and times.
- Save, share, and print your workbooks.
- Recognize how to freeze panes to control your view.
- Recall methods for protecting documents.