In this video, the instructor demonstrates how to clear, select, move, and copy existing PivotTables using standard options found within the Analyze tab in Excel.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about…some of the simplest PivotTable Tools:…selecting, clearing, moving, and copying Pivots.…You can find these options in the Analyze tab…under your PivotTable Tools.…You can Clear, Select, and Move.…So starting with your Clear options,…you have two choices here.…Clear All, essentially wipes your PivotTable clean,…so any fields that you would drag to filters,…rows, columns, or values will be completely removed.…You won't be deleting any data; in fact,…you won't even be deleting the link to your data.…
You're simply returning to a blank canvas…as if you had just inserted a brand-new Pivot.…On the other hand, Clear Filters…will only affect fields with filters in place,…so by clearing filters any field that's filtered…will be reset to show all values…so that your entire PivotTable…will end up being automatically unfiltered.…Next up you've got Select options.…Now, if you're using certain table layouts,…you can select individual components of your Pivot…either just the values, just the labels,…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.