When working with longer documents in Word 2010, many people like to use the navigation pane. In Word 2016, the navigation pane still exists, but looks different, and has some enhancements over previous versions. In this movie, you will know how to activate the navigation pane and use it to navigate document headings, pages, and search results.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] If your accustomed to using the Navigation…Pane in Word 2010 to navigate longer documents,…you'll be happy to know there is a Navigation Pane…here in Word 2016 but it does look a little bit different…and there are some new enhancements we need to talk about.…So, let's work with this document…Best of Landon Hotel Guide.…We've had this open now for a few of our movies…and as you can see, in the last movie, we added in an image.…So if your skipping to this movie and opening it up…yours might look a little bit different…but don't worry about that.…We're gonna focus on the Navigation Pane,…which we can access by going to the View tab on the ribbon.…
And from here, clicking the checkbox…next to Navigation Pane.…And right away you can see it looks different.…It's a cleaner, flatter design.…Instead of icons for headings, pages, and results…you see the actual words.…There's still a search field here for searching…for our text or content as well as the magnifying glass…for searching for other things like tables,…
- Understanding the user interface changes
- Exploring Touch mode
- Maintaining compatibility with older versions of Office
- Opening and editing PDF files in Word
- Creating Excel charts quickly
- Exploring presentation themes in PowerPoint 2016
- Migrating email to Outlook 2016
- Using Outlook notes
Skill Level Beginner
Office 2016 and Office 365 New Featureswith David Rivers46m 29s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.