In Word 2003, you could use the document map under the View menu to make navigating and finding content in your documents faster and easier. In Word 2016, the document map is replaced with the Navigation Pane. In this movie, you will know how to enable the navigation pane and use it to navigate headings, page thumbnails, and search results for contents or elements of a document you are searching for.
- [Voiceover] We're going to shift our focus in this chapter…to Microsoft Word, Word 2016, and if you're migrating from…Word 2013 to 2016, there are definitely some major changes.…One that we're going to talk about right now is going to…help you navigate your document and find things quickly.…It's called the Navigation Pane and it replaces the Document…Map you may have selected in Word 2003 from the View menu.…Here, we're going to work with this document,…Best of Landon Hotel Guide 0201, you'll find it…in the Chapter 2 folder of your exercise files,…or you can work along with one of your own documents.…
And if you're using Headings, for example, clicking…the styles to format parts of your document,…it's really going to come in handy…when we open up the Navigation Pane.…For example, if I wanna scroll through this document…I can use the scroll bar, scrolling down.…You can see there are different headings…that show up here, some headings with subheadings.…And when we hover next to those, these little arrows appear.…
- Describe how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Summarize cloud computing and how to use OneDrive.
- Explain how to search with the navigation pane.
- Recall how to convert older versions of templates to Word 2016.
- Describe how to use formulas and functions.
- Cite how to format a workbook.
- Summarize how to create charts with the Recommended Charts tool.
- Explain how to animate objects with transitions and animations.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.