Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Scenario analysis, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- Okay, let's look at the Scenario Analysis,…and we'll go into Goal Seek.…So, what we want to do is we're going to…look for Purchased Bike and we want to go yes,…We know we can't change the age, what we're…doing is we're going to try to look at this…and see at what age would this person be…the optimal to buy a bike if all other…factors remained the same.…We'll say run, and we'll close it.…Here's our output, so my goal is to buy a bike from…no over to yes, and you see the negative numbers not…going to work, but we recommend, the recommended age…if this person was 25 all other factors remaining the same,…then they would probably buy a bike.…
Now, that is, it would help us for them to buy a bike.…So let's look again and let's pick a row…and let's take this person and we're going to…Scenario Analysis and go What-If.…We want to change Purchased Bike to see,…we have a Purchased Bike in there no,…and we want to change it to yes.…In What happens to, we're going to come…down here and we're going to change…this down here to children, and we'll call run.…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.