Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Running a procedure when a cell range changes, part of Learning VBA in Excel.
When you create an Excel workbook, you should almost always allow your users to change them.…That said, if you create a workbook or worksheet and don't want it to be…changed, you need to detect when a change occurs and use event handlers…to manage the change.…Managing the change might mean reversing it, or it could mean asking the user if…they are sure they want to make that change.…In either case, you can use the Worksheet_Change event.…I'll flip back over to the Visual Basic Editor to show you what that code looks like.…As the name implies, the Worksheet_ Change event detects whenever a specific…Worksheet has been changed.…
To define the event, you display the Visual Basic Editor and open the Code…module for the Worksheet in which you want to enable the event.…So here I am in the code module for Sheet1(Orders), and you'll notice that I…have the structure of the event here.…For events, there's something that you have to look up in the Excel Help system…to know exactly what you need to do when you create the event.…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
Excel 2010: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Dennis Taylor3h 43m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.