Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Running an Excel macro, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Excel macros let you perform complicated tasks…such as manipulating pivot tables quickly…by recording the steps and playing them back when needed.…In this movie, I will show you several ways…to run your macros so you can pick the one…that works best for you.…I have run Excel and closed the blank workbook…that appeared in it, so that I can show you…what happens when you open a macro-enabled workbook.…Now, what you see when you open a macro-enabled workbook…will depend on your security settings,…but what I show you will be typical.…
To open a file, press ctrl-O, and then either browse…to find the file that you want to open,…or from the recently used file list,…click the file.…In this case, you're looking for RemoveMonth,…which is a macro-enabled Excel workbook…you can find in the chapter 8 folder…of your exercise files collection.…So go ahead and click RemoveMonth,…and when I do, I get a Security Notice…indicating that this file contains macros.…
In this case, that's OK, it's expected.…So, I'll go ahead and click the Enable Macros button.…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.