- [Instructor] It's not uncommon to need…to add a new column in a worksheet, or a new row.…On this worksheet, it's called Insert-Delete,…and it's in the file 05 Layout.…I'm going to add a new record above Diane Andrews here.…So I'm going to right click row three and insert.…Then I'll type in the information.…But in this worksheet, maybe I've forgot something,…I'm scrolling to the right here,…there's other data off to the right.…Now worse things could happen, I didn't delete any data,…but I introduced cells over there…that I really shouldn't have.…So let's undo this, control Z.…
What can we do?…Let's just highlight these cells right here…and be sure, as we do right click this time,…not on the row number, but within the highlighted area.…Right click, this time Insert is followed by three dots,…that means there will be a dialog box appearing.…And there it is, and what do we want to do?…Shift cells down.…Click OK, we'll put in the data later.…But off to the right, we have not disrupted.…Now, if it's the case of delete,…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Creating Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.