This video covers how and what to study and the format and time allotment of the exams as well as how to purchase exam vouchers and find a testing center.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about how to prepare…for the MOS exam.…First of all, what to study.…We've inserted into your Chapter One…file folder a list of objectives for…the Excel 2013 MOS Expert Exam Part One.…Let's go ahead and take a look at that document.…Here's a list of the Excel 2013 Objectives…for the Part One test.…The numbers listed for each objective…correspond to the numbers in the video series.…So for example, starting with Chapter Two,…Manage and Share Workbooks, you'll view videos…on how to track, retain, and display changes…in a workbook, manage comments,…and identify and troubleshoot errors with tracing.…
Please refer back to this list of objectives…frequently to make sure you're comfortable…with each one and understand all of the objectives…that might be on your exam.…Next, how to study?…Watch all the videos and then complete…the challenge exercises at the end of each chapter.…We've created challenge exercises…that will reinforce all the skills…you learn in each of the videos.…We've also allotted a specific amount of time…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.