Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Repeating a task with a Do loop, part of Learning VBA in Excel (2010).
When you create an Excel VBA subroutine, you expect it to take data from a…cell or an array, transform it in some way, and change the workbook or display the result.…Sometimes, however, you will want your VBA code to run until a condition is met.…When you want a segment of your code to repeat until it encounters a specific…condition, you can use the Do Loop construction.…The Do Loop construction is particularly useful for finding the first empty cell in a column.…As an example, suppose you have a Suggestion Box form where store visitors can…enter their e-mail address, name, and suggestions.…
You want the VBA code to take their input and write it in the first empty row…in another worksheet;…for example, let's say that I was writing the input from the form to here, on Sheet3.…Now, before I show you the example code, I want to tell you how to stop your…code from running, in case you create a loop that won't stop on its own.…It's easier than you think to write a loop that will run on to infinity.…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
Excel 2016: Power Query (Get & Transform)with Oz du Soleil1h 49m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.