Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Renaming, inserting, and deleting sheets, part of Excel Essential Training (Office 365/Microsoft 365).
- [Narrator] There are a number of reasons…at different times for renaming a worksheet,…for inserting a new worksheet,…deleting a worksheet…and occasionally even hiding a worksheet,…and of course later unhiding it.…We're looking at a workbook called 09 Regional Sales,…and the current sheet is the East sheet.…I'd like to rename that Midwest sheet.…I can right sheet that sheet,…it's called Midwest right now.…Right click that sheet and rename,…and I can certainly start typing, do that right now.…Slightly faster, I'll double click that sheet tab,…that activates it and I'll just type Central.…
Sheet names can have up to 31 characters.…Do not begin a sheet name with a number.…It can contain spaces and underscores…and when we're finished just press Enter.…We can easily insert a new sheet.…We're about to create a Mountain region here,…I want a new sheet to the left of the West sheet.…A few different ways to do this as you might guess.…We can then choose worksheet…which is the automatic selection,…click okay.…We'll have a new sheet to the left of that sheet.…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.