Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Relationships, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Relationships.…Here, we're looking at the three tables that we just imported.…And, I'm in Diagram View.…And you see that I have a relationship between Orders and…OrderDetails, and another relationship between Orders and Customers.…When I click on any of the relationships, the related fields are highlighted for me.…If I right clicked on it, and I said, edit relationship, up pops my dialog box.…It tells me my table and my column.…And that this relationship is active.…
Now, there are some restrictions in tabular that you…don't have in multi-dimensional.…I cannot have multiple relationships between tables in Tabular.…Actually, I can have them, I just have to mark only one as active.…Then, if I wanted to use another relationship, I would have to actually go…through a new stacks, which is a subject we cover later on, and turn that…relationship into active just for that one query, which is a bit troublesome.…So, just be aware that that is a restriction.…
Again, if I select this one.…Now it's showing me that I've got customer ID there to customer ID.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.