In this video, Chris shows you how easy it is to refresh and update PivotTables as your source data changes. He helps you understand the difference between changes made within or outside of your source data range.
- [Narrator] So when you're working with pivot tables,…you'll be taking one of two general approaches…when it comes to your source data.…That source data will either be static or dynamic.…And what I mean by that, is that sometimes you'll have…just one set of data that will never ever change…that you'll want to use a pivot table tool to analyze.…When that's the case, we'll call that static source data.…What's more common is having source data…that you may need to edit or tweak or add data to…moving forward that you'll want to attach a pivot table to.…
And in that case, your source data is dynamic.…And when you're working with dynamic data…it's important to understand how to refresh…and update your pivot table as you make changes…to that source data.…So there are two tools in the analyze tab called refresh…and change data source which allow you to do just that.…Now the difference between the two is that refresh…will update your pivot table based on changes made…within the defined source data range of your table.…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.