Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Referring to cells using the Offset function, part of Learning VBA in Excel.
When you create an Excel workbook solution, you should give it a consistent…structure so you know where each data point appears in relation to each of the others.…For example, let's say that you have a workbook that accepts Suggestions from…visitors to your store.…When a user fills out the Suggestion Box form, the data gets transferred onto…Sheet3, where you have their name, their e-mail, and the suggestion.…In this case, Email is always one cell to the right of the Name cell in the row,…and Suggestion is always two cells to the right of the Name.…The distance between two cells is called the Offset, and you can use that Offset…to create VBA code that lets you read and write values efficiently.…
So let's take a look at how I do that in this workbook.…The first occurrence of the Offset property is here.…Offset takes two arguments.…The first argument tells Excel how many rows up or down it should move.…That is the number 1 here.…The second indicates how many columns it should move left or right.…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
Excel 2016: Power Query (Get & Transform)with Oz du Soleil1h 49m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.