Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Recording and reviewing an Excel macro, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- [Voiceover] When you work with pivot tables,…you will often find that you want to…recreate a particular configuration.…You could always write down the fields…and the order in which they occur…but it's far easier to record a macro that…configures the pivot table for you.…In this movie, I will you how to record a macro…and then save your workbook as a macro-enabled file.…My sample file is the RecordMacro Excel Workbook.…You can find that in the Chapter08 folder of…your exercise files collection.…
This workbook contains a pivot table that summarizes revenue…data for four different room types by year and by month.…The values that I have collected are for 2014 and 2015.…What I would like to do is to…pivot this pivot table and record my action using a macro.…To do that, I will click the View tab of the ribbon…and then I will click the Macros button down arrow…and click Record Macro.…
That displays the Record Macro dialog box…and I'll give it a different name than Macro1.…I will call it RemoveMonth (keyboard typing)…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.