Oz du Soleil takes you through a real-world scenario in Get & Transform. It is a strategic approach using features like: import data from an Excel file, unpivot, join, left outer join, splitting columns by delimiter, and add custom column.
- [Narrator] Here's a real world example…looking at pie orders.…We've got orders on the left.…And on the right side is our pay grid.…In sales C3 we have sweet potato,…then __W, which means a whole sweet potato pie,…and what is the price?…Over in L3, it's $26.…And we look back at D3 and see that five were ordered.…
So going down this whole list of orders,…what is the dollar amount purchased for each type of pie?…So if you're up for this challenge,…pause the video, give it a shot,…and I'll meet you back here…and we'll go through my solution.…All right let's jump in and see how this works.…Here is how I am thinking about this.…We've got to do two different queries.…The orders query, and then we've got to…unpivot that payment schedule…so that we have the prices all in one stack.…
So let's go ahead and do that.…Select the data over here.…From table, my table does have headers,…okay.…With pie highlighted I'm just going to unpivot…this data set.…Right click, unpivot other columns.…Now it's easy to see.…Row 10, a slice of apple pie is $6.…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.