Oz du Soleil takes you through a real-world scenario using Get & Transform to convert a survey report into a flat file. Oz shows you unpivot, fill down, and other features to convert the data into something useful.
- [Male Narrator] Alright now, here is where it gets good.…We get to tie everything together…that we've seen in the course,…and I'm about to issue you a challenge.…I hope you're ready.…Here we've got data from a magician's conference…where they were learning to levitate stuff.…Now, we would like to turn this survey data into…data that we can use to do other analysis with,…but we need raw rows and columns.…So here is the challenge.…
First of all, we don't need the workshop…Magic Mastery: Levitation data.…We know what workshop this was.…Column C is completely empty.…We don't need that.…Then we have empty rows.…Like row seven is empty, row nine is empty, row 17.…We don't need the averages.…If we want those later we can calculate 'em easily.…And then the big thing is…the "would you recommend this workshop?"…through "instructor".…
We don't want those as column headers;…we would like to have a questions column…and have it going vertically,…all one big stack.…So if you ready to take this challenge,…pause the video, work it out,…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.