Learn how to tell when you're using Excel Online.
- [Instructor] Let's take a quick tour of Excel Online. Excel Online is an Office 365 app that comes standard with every Office 365 subscription. To open Excel Online, just simply click on Excel under the apps menu. Once Excel Online is open, you'll notice that you are presented with a number of options. We have templates off to the right here. Or we can just go ahead and open a new blank workbook which is what I'm going to do right now. Once Excel Online is open we can easily change the file name by simply clicking at the very top of the screen.
And in this case, I'm going to create a file name, my first file. And then just hit enter on the keyboard. Let's go ahead and type in some text. In cell B3, I'm just going to include some text, "This is my first XOL workbook." We can very easily change the sheet name by double clicking over sheet one and typing in raw data. And hit enter on the keyboard or click on okay. We can easily add a new worksheet by clicking on the plus to the right of raw data. As you can see, a new sheet has been created.
And we can very easily change the name of this sheet, once more, to inputs. And hit enter on the keyboard. We have menus at the top here. And we have ribbons just below. If we navigate now, back to raw data, click on the home menu, then select the text in cell B3, we can very easily change the font from black to red by clicking on red under the font color menu. And there you have it. That's just a brief tour of Excel Online.
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Using Excel Online shortcuts
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating and editing charts
- Designing and creating forms