Take a look at Joe's financial analysis for his investment.
- Hey, welcome back.…Now in this lecture,…I'm going to walk you through Joe's financial model…for his investment.…There's going to be a lot of terms in there…that is going to look foreign to you,…but don't worry.…We're going to cover them later in the course.…Just want to give you a feel for what running…an investment analysis looks like.…Look, as an investor,…especially if you're going to be serious about investing,…there's no getting around looking at the numbers.…You can't understand what the investment is going to give you…if you don't know how to look at the numbers.…
So this lecture is going to give you a feel…for what looking at investment numbers look like.…Well, Joe is a smart investor.…He doesn't want to just go out on a limb…and make an investment…without actually looking at the numbers.…So he put a model together.…He modeled out what his investment would look like…based on the assumptions…and the information that he had.…Okay, so what kind of information?…Well, he knew what the monthly rents were going to be.…
Note: This course uses data and example properties from the United States, but the concepts taught and tools provided are just as useful for any market.
- Determining if real estate investment is right for you
- Choosing a market and a property
- Using financing
- Strategies for first-time investors
- Real estate market cycles
- Valuing a property
- Analyzing your market
- How leverage impacts investments
- Real estate investment case studies
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Your Personal Investmentswith Jane Barratt1h 31m Intermediate
Learning Real Estate Photographywith Scott Hargis3h 21m Beginner
Excel: Analyzing and Visualizing Cash Flowswith Curt Frye1h 16m Intermediate
Start here3m 29s
1. Case Study: Joe's First Investment
2. The Many Ways to Invest in Real Estate
3. Real Estate Market Cycles
4. How to Value a Property
5. Understanding Your Market
6. What Makes a Good Investment?
7. Understanding Leverage
8. Case Study: Rental Income Property Analysis
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.