Change the Excel query options so that it updates when the file is opened, or refresh based on a time interval.
- [Instructor] Throughout the last few videos…we've emphasized the importance of getting data…directly from the source, using a query.…That way, if the source data changes…we can right-click, click refresh…and get any new data.…Well it turns out there are some options…you can set for refreshing a query.…Let's take a look at those options…by clicking the data tab up here…and then connections.…And then we'll make sure…that the query we're working with is selected…and then click properties.…Now, your Excel program might be different.…You might see queries and connections here…and then you'll need to right-click the query over here…and click properties.…
So with that said…let's go ahead and go over our refresh options.…Enable background refresh…will be selected by default.…And we recommend keeping it this way.…This allows you to keep working in Excel…while the data refreshes.…You can also choose this option here…which allows you to set a refresh interval.…So, if there's sales data…that's constantly getting added or changed at the source…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.