Oz du Soleil shows you how to import data from Excel files that are in a dedicated folder using Get & Transform in Excel 2016.
- [Instructor] Get & Transform uses queries as its source.…So, if we're going to use Get & Transform,…we have to start a query.…And in this video, we're going to see how to start…by importing data from a folder.…Here I'm on my desktop, and I have a folder…with survey results from a Magicians Conference.…So open it up.…There are three files in it, and they all do look the same.…Let's open one.…
There's a lot to clean up here.…We've got empty columns, empty rows.…It would be best if we could import all of those files,…and clean em up all at once.…So I'm going to show you how to get that data in and compile.…So close this out.…And we're going to open a brand new Excel workbook.…Get rid of these gridlines.…Okay, to import this data, we're going to Data.…
New Query > From File > From Folder.…Navigate to the folder.…Desktop.…Surveys.…OK.…OK.…Look at that.…Those are all three files.…So we're going to hit Combine & Edit.…And it's offering an option to preview.…
Let's select Sheet1.…Yup, there's all of our data, click OK.…Check that out.…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.