- [Teacher] If you wanna provide…better security for your data,…and possibly if you've got…multiple users using the same workbook,…you wanna be aware of two commands.…One for protecting the workbook,…one for protecting the worksheet.…We're looking at the file 11-Protection,…and the very first sheet is called Worksheet Protection.…Let's first talk about protecting a workbook.…Both of the commands that I mentioned…are on the review tab in the ribbon.…Protect workbook.…And this is primarily about the structure of a workbook.…Moving, deleting, and adding sheets.…If we protect a workbook,…you cannot insert a new sheet, move a sheet, delete a sheet,…and as we'll see in a moment,…practically all commands available…as we right-click a tab are going to be inhibited.…
Protect workbook, need to provide a password.…I know it, I might tell certain others, not others,…and if I save the workbook it stays in this state.…Right now I'm about to right-click on the current sheet tab.…Notice how many of the commands are grayed out.…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.