Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Process and deploy, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth.
…Employing and processing.…Once you have finished developing your model, you're going to build it and…then you're going to deploy it.…This is very simple.…So we're going to go into build menu.…We're going to click build deploy.…Down at the very bottom, you'll see Build Succeeded.…Now I am going to click Build and Deploy Model.…And this little pop-up tells me that I have a higher version.…I actually have SQL 2014 installed and…it's asking me if I want to move up to the 2014.…I tend to always move forward where I can, so I'm going to say Yes.…
Here, it's deploying, it's grabbing the metadata.…Now, it's grabbing the actual data, and moving it on over into our database.…So, success.…Green.…Close.…Let's see if it's there.…We're going to switch over to Management Studio, and I'm going to refresh.…And now you see there's my deploy database and I named the project deploy.…If you notice ploy, now here's another deploy_student and…a GUID, Global Unique Identifier, attached to the end.…
This is the reference into analysis services that is…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.