Wildcards allow you to create more complex and flexible label filters. In this video, Chris shows you how to use two variations of these wildcards, including the asterisk (*) and question mark (?).
- [Instructor] So quick pro tip…when it comes to label filters is using wild cards.…So if I drop into our sort and filter options here…and go into begins with, you'll notice…these two lines of text down at the bottom.…The question mark is used to represent…any single character.…The asterisk is used to represent…any series of characters.…So these are the two types of wildcards…that you can integrate into these filters…to get a little bit more sophisticated.…So like we talked about in the last lecture,…if I want to show all of the titles…that begin with a certain letter,…very straightforward, just type the letter, press okay.…
In this case I've got all my titles that begin with A.…Very simple, going back into that label filter.…What if I want any title where A…is the second character?…Now it can't use the standard tools.…I have to use some wildcards here.…So if I want A to be the second letter,…all I need to do is put a question mark…in the first position.…And I can use a capital A, a lower-case a.…This isn't case-sensitive, so that's fine.…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.