In this video, the instructor demonstrates how to adjust your default PivotTable settings to allow you to apply multiple filters (both value and label filters) to the same field.
- [Instructor] So I want to share with you guys…a tip that I wish someone had taught me…years and years ago, which is…how to enable multiple filters in a pivot table.…And this is something that's really easy to do…once you know where to look, because it's kind of buried…in the pivot table options.…So let me show you what I mean here.…Let's go ahead and clear our filter…to give us a starting point.…And let's say we want to drill down…to only titles with a simple label filter, begins with S.…So we're only looking a S titles now.…
And now let's say, okay, I got my S titles.…Among titles that begin with S,…let's filter down again to show only the S titles…with a gross revenue over a hundred million dollars.…So I could go in, when I open up…that sorting and filtering menu,…I see a checkbox next to the label filters line…which indicates that there is a label filter applied.…If I drop into my value filters and choose greater than,…we can say, alright gross revenue…is greater than 100 million, press okay.…
See what happened here?…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.