The way attachments are handled has changed from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2016. You no longer have to open an attachment to view its contents. In this movie, you will know how to preview an attached file from within Outlook without having to launch the native application to open the attachment in another program.
- [Voiceover] One nice change you'll notice when…migrating from Outlook 2003 to 2016…is how you can preview not just your messages,…but attachments as well.…In the default user interface that we see here,…where you have your navigation pane down the left-hand side,…you can see these little snippets of your messages…and there's color coding, for example,…this one at the top has the blue bar down the left…indicating it's new and I haven't read it yet.…And just clicking once to select it…doesn't necessarily open it but it does…preview it over here on the right-hand side…so I can see the information in the message,…which includes an attachment.…
I don't actually have to open up the attachment to view it.…I can click the drop-down arrow…and you'll notice that one of the option is to open it.…I can also print it out quickly…from here, save it, et cetera.…But right at the top is Preview…and clicking Preview allows me to get a…sneak peek at it without actually opening it.…So in this case, it's a Word document.…I don't have to launch Word and open up the document in Word…
- Describe how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Summarize cloud computing and how to use OneDrive.
- Explain how to search with the navigation pane.
- Recall how to convert older versions of templates to Word 2016.
- Describe how to use formulas and functions.
- Cite how to format a workbook.
- Summarize how to create charts with the Recommended Charts tool.
- Explain how to animate objects with transitions and animations.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.