Instructor Josh Rischin shows how to set up security and access controls, and how to share a workbook directly from OneDrive.
- [Instructor] Excel Online permissions…and workbook sharing can be managed…from directly within OneDrive.…Let's go ahead and create a new Excel Online workbook…and include some text.…This workbook has been created to demonstrate…how to create permissions…and share a workbook within OneDrive.…To save the file, simply click on File,…Save As and Save a copy online,…and let's give the file a more meaningful name,…such as Sharing and then click on Save.…Navigate to OneDrive and note that you may need…to refresh the browser to see the file up here.…
Once you can see the file,…click on the tick to the left to the file,…and then click on Share at the very top of the screen.…At this point you're presented…with the permission setting dialogue box.…One of the options that I generally like…to change is Allow editing.…By deselecting this,…the people that we send the file…to will have read-access only.…Click on Apply and then type in the name…of the email address that you wish to send the file to.…The description here is optional,…
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Excel Online
2. Working Seamlessly with Excel Online and Excel Desktop
3. Collaborating with Excel Online
4. Charting in Excel Online
5. Creating Forms with Excel Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.