Instructor Josh Rischin shows how to set up security and access controls, and how to share a workbook directly from OneDrive.
- [Instructor] Excel Online permissions…and workbook sharing can be managed…from directly within OneDrive.…Let's go ahead and create a new Excel Online workbook…and include some text, "This workbook has been created…"to demonstrate how to create permissions…"and share a workbook within OneDrive."…To save the file, simply click on File, Save As,…and Save a Copy Online.…And let's give the file a more meaningful name…such as Sharing, and then click on Save.…Navigate to OneDrive and note that you may need…to refresh the browser to see the file appear.…
Once you can see the file, click on the tick…to the left of the file and then click on Share…at the very top of the screen.…At this point, you're presented with the permissions…setting dialog box.…One of the options that I generally like to change is…Allow Editing.…By deselecting this, the people that we send…the file to will have read access only.…Click on Apply and then type in the name…of the email address that you wish to send the file to.…The description here is optional.…
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Excel desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Excel Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Excel Online. For basic Excel guidance, please see Learning Excel 2016 or Excel 2016 Essential Training.
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys