Learn how to prepare a workbook for internationalization. Author Jen McBee reviews how to inspect a document and remove metadata and comments. She also demonstrates how to use the correct language and symbols so the information is correctly displayed and how to edit data in another language.
- [Narrator] When you share your workbooks with other users,…you should always make sure that you're not sharing…more information than you intended, such as metadata.…Now, metadata shows who created the document,…how much time was spent editing the document,…and even more information.…It also shows comments and hidden text.…Also, if you're sharing your workbook with users…in other countries who work with different languages…or currency systems, you'll want to make sure that you use…the correct language and symbols throughout the workbook.…
In this video, I'll show you how to remove that metadata…using inspect document.…I'll also show you how to change the language…in which you're editing a document,…how to change the currency symbol,…and how to insert other symbols.…Let's take a look at our 03-04 Internationalization workbook…and I'll demonstrate each of these items.…First, let's take a look at any metadata…that we may have in this document.…I can see right away that there's a comment in cell C4.…
Let's go to our file tab and look over…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Beginner
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.