Learn about the accessibility tools in Excel 2013. Author Jen McBee reviews how to run the Accessibility Checker and how to fix common errors such as Missing Alt Text using the Inspection Results. Knowing how to run the Accessibility Checker and resolve errors are skills that you may be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2013 MOS Expert exam.
- [Instructor] When you share workbooks with other users,…you should always make sure that all the objects,…such as tables, graphics, and graphs,…have alternative text embedded,…just in case your user is visually impaired…and is using a screen reader.…In this video, we'll talk about…ways to make sure that your documents don't…have any accessibility issues,…and one of the ways that you can make sure…that that does not happen is…you can insert alternative text,…both a title and a description…of any graphic that you have in your document.…I'll also show you how to use…the accessibility checker…so that Excel can go through your document,…check for issues, and help you resolve those.…
Let's take a look at our 03_05 accessibility workbook…so I can demonstrate each of these items.…This worksheet has the services sales for 2017,…and down below, we have a chart for 2017 sales.…I'm going to click on the chart to select it…and then right-click…and go down to Format Chart Area.…Under our chart options,…I'm going to click on size and properties.…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.