Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Prediction with a model, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- Okay, now that we've explored the algorithm,…we're going to go through and apply one…of our existing algorithms to some new data…to see what kind of an output we've got.…Now again, I'm using the prepared data…that we have here from Microsoft…that comes down with the sample.…I'm on the new customers sheet.…This input we have not used before,…so I'm going to click in here…and we're going to go in and we're going…to run a query.…We'll just go next after the splash sheet.…You see we can look at any…of the mining structures or models…that we've created.…
I'm going to go target a mailing Naive Baize.…We're going to use the new customer table.…Now here this has some interesting things within it.…Homeowner Flag in the mining column,…and in the table we didn't call it Homeowner,…we called it Homeowner Flag.…We called it Homeowner, we didn't call it occupation.…There we go.…Number of cars owned, and we just called it cars.…So let's pick that up.…That had some impact.…We've learned that when we had some impact…because we went back and we remember…
- Recognize the factors involved in building an environment.
- Define models, induction, and prediction.
- Determine key concepts in Excel data-mining.
- Analyze key influencers.
- Break down how to utilize the detect categories tool.
- Recognize where and when to use the Shopping Basket Analysis.
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.