Join Chris Dutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Power Query introduction, part of Excel Business Intelligence Part 1: Power Query.
- All right, hey everyone,…welcome to Section Three, Intro to Power Query.…Now, I think you'll find this section pretty intuitive,…pretty straightforward.…We won't cover every single tool and option…in the query editor, but if there is anything…in particular that you want to dive deeper into,…please just let me know.…Now, make sure you follow along carefully,…because we'll be importing the data files…that we're actually going to use to build our model…in the next section, so let's get started.…
- When to use Power Query (Get & Transform or Get Data)
- When to use Power Pivot
- Working with the Query Editor
- Options for loading data in Excel
- Working with text-specific and number-specific query editing tools
- Creating a rolling calendar with Power Query
- Grouping and aggregating data with Power Query
- Modifying Excel workbook queries
- Merging and appending queries
- Pivoting and unpivoting data with Power Query
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Set expectations1m 46s
2. Intro to the Power Excel Series
The power Excel workflow3m 50s
3. Power Query
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.