Sometimes it's easier to process data visually. Walk you through the basics of Excel's charting functionality to create bar and column charts.
- [Instructor] Sometimes it's just easier to understand…data when you plot it in a chart.…Excel is great for building charts…so let's see how it works.…If you would like to follow along go to exercise file 3.4…plotting your data visually with charts.…The data you are looking at right now is an export…from Google Adwords, I'm going to show you…how to build a couple of different charts with this…just so you can get familiar…with how charts are build in Excel.…So first let's do a pie chart.…We are going to see spend by champaign to identify…which champaigns are spending the most.…So first we are going to click in…and select the data we want.…
B2 command shift down, to select that whole column.…If we scroll back up to the top and then we have cost…over here, this is how much we spent on our campaigns.…So we are going to hold down command, click on H2…hold down shift and keep command held down…and then hit down arrow.…So now we have selected our data we just need to…build our chart which we can do by going…to insert and then on the right hand side…
Michael begins with the basics, showing how to work with marketing data sources and explaining basic formulas for analysis. Next, he walks through how to build a data-driven marketing plan, including mapping out your marketing funnel, reviewing volume vs. cost tradeoff, and running A/B testing. Michael shows how to analyze a campaign's performance, working with PivotTables, charts, and dashboards. Finally, he demonstrates how to set up marketing campaigns in bulk, including manipulating text for ad copy generation and automating the most boring, repetitive tasks with macros.
- Cleaning up data formatting
- Using formulas for analysis
- Building a data-driven marketing plan
- Top-down vs. bottom-up marketing plans
- Running A/B tests
- Analyzing campaign performance
- Plotting data visually
- Building report templates and dashboards
- Building bulksheets for bulk campaigns on AdWords and Facebook