If you double your spend, what happens to performance? Learn how to model the tradeoff between cost and conversions to predict your CPA at different spend levels.
- [Instructor] If you doubled your marketing spend,…would it affect performance?…Let me show you how to plot this…volume versus cost trade-off in Excel.…If you want to follow along,…go to Exercise File 2.4,…Plotting the volume versus cost trade-off.…A common mistake is to think that you can just…increase your marketing spend without hurting performance.…But we can see in the data here that that's not true.…On some of these higher spending days,…we're seeing a much higher CPA.…But it's tough to get an idea of how much…the CPA is going to increase at different spend levels.…It's not very easy to see this visually.…
So we're going to use Excel's ability to create charts…so we can see this more easily.…So we're going to plot spend versus conversions,…and to do that I'm just going to select those columns,…Command + Shift and down arrow…to grab both of them here.…Now we're going to hit Insert,…and we're going to choose a scatter plot.…You can see here we actually have a…pretty good idea now of how many conversions we would get…
Michael begins with the basics, showing how to work with marketing data sources and explaining basic formulas for analysis. Next, he walks through how to build a data-driven marketing plan, including mapping out your marketing funnel, reviewing volume vs. cost tradeoff, and running A/B testing. Michael shows how to analyze a campaign's performance, working with PivotTables, charts, and dashboards. Finally, he demonstrates how to set up marketing campaigns in bulk, including manipulating text for ad copy generation and automating the most boring, repetitive tasks with macros.
- Cleaning up data formatting
- Using formulas for analysis
- Building a data-driven marketing plan
- Top-down vs. bottom-up marketing plans
- Running A/B tests
- Analyzing campaign performance
- Plotting data visually
- Building report templates and dashboards
- Building bulksheets for bulk campaigns on AdWords and Facebook