Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Pivoting a PivotChart, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- The real power of a pivot chart comes to fore…when you rearrange your data dynamically.…A task that would take several minutes…if done by hand takes just a few seconds…when you summarize your data using a pivot chart.…In this movie I will show you how to pivot a pivot chart…and my sample file is the pivoting workbook.…You can find that in the chapter six folder…of your exercise files collection.…My pivot chart summarizes yearly data for four room types,…and you can see the room types here…in the legend area.…
Westminster is blue, Oxford red, Piccadilly green…and Cambridge is purple.…If I want to pivot a pivot chart,…then all I need to do is click the pivot chart…so that it is activated, and the task pane…changes from pivot table fields to pivot chart fields,…and now I can change the organization of the pivot chart.…So right now I have years along the bottom…for the X-axis, or categories as you see here,…room type for the series, and sum of revenue for the values.…
Let's say that I want to change the position…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.