What is a PivotTable in Excel? Find out in this video, plus learn how to create them quickly.
- Now let's talk about analyzing sales data…with PivotTables.…I have 04_02 PivotTables open…from the chapter four folder,…and I've got a pretty massive set of data here.…We're gonna use a PivotTable to summarize…and get answers from this data.…For example, if I asked you to look at this data…and tell me how much was sold in Chicago…in the last three years,…you couldn't tell me very quickly,…but here I'm gonna show you a fast way to get that answer,…so I'm going to click anywhere within this data set,…and then I'm gonna press ctrl + q.…
And the quick analysis options pop up for me over here.…I'm gonna click tables,…and what I'm gonna do is I'm going to just hover…over these different PivotTable options over here.…So I'll hover over the first one.…This option, if I select it, will create this PivotTable,…and this preview shows me what it would look like,…and that answers the question.…We have $440,524 worth of sales in Chicago,…but we also have the sales…for each of the other cities as well.…
I'll keep hovering over these other PivotTables though,…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.