Oz du Soleil makes the case for being able to pivot data in Get & Transform in Excel 2016. In and of itself, pivoting data in Get & Transform is harder than making a PivotTable in Excel. In this video, Oz shows a real-world case where it would be best to
- [Instructor] Now I'm going to show you what the big deal…is with being able to do a pivot table…inside Get & Transform.…Being able to pivot in Get & Transform…isn't a big deal in and of itself.…It's much easier to create a pivot table in native Excel.…However, when a pivot table is needed…as an intermediate or final step in a query,…that's when the pivot feature…in Get & Transform is a lifesaver.…Today I'm an admin who needs to compile…the volunteer hours from two different locations,…the city center office and the riverside office.…
I just want a list of the people who participated,…their hours, and their days.…The riverside office looks perfect.…The employee names are our row headers,…the days are column headers, the hours they volunteered,…there are values, perfect.…The city center office is the mess.…We've got to clean this up, the day column has holes in it,…Cynthia and Joe have two rows,…for Cynthia we would like to see five,…not an entry for two and an entry for three.…
To get this data stacked up,…one we're going to have to do an append…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.