In this video, the instructor demonstrates how to create new PivotCharts in the form of pie or donut Charts, which are commonly used to compare relative percentages of a whole.
- [Instructor] Okay so our column chart…gives us a good sense of titles by genre,…and now let's say we want to explore…how those titles are distributed across ratings instead.…Now because each PivotChart needs to be tied…to its own separate PivotTable view,…I can't just add rating to the same Pivot…and adjust which piece of the view…our chart is reading from.…Or which column, it's kind of all or nothing.…So one entire view is tied to one PivotChart…and that means we have two options here.…We can either replace our existing column chart…by swapping out genre and pulling rating in,…and then changing the chart type to a pie or doughnut.…
Or we could create a second PivotTable view…either on this sheet or somewhere else…so we don't have to replace what we've already built.…Now I like the second option, so let's go head…and select a cell in our first Pivot…go into our PivotTable tools, select the entire PivotTable…and with the entire table selected,…it's as simple as pressing Control + C to copy…and I'll select some blank row down beneath our column chart…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.