Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Perspectives, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Let's take a look at perspectives.…Perspectives focus the attention.…And you click on the Perspectives tab, and…what we have now is the default perspective, which is everything.…So I'm going to create a new perspective.…And I'm going to rename this, and I'm going to call it Tax.…This individual user is only interested in looking at tax amount.…Now, we've got the measure, which is tax amount,…and we're looking at all of the dimensions down here, which is just fine.…
So I've created the perspective Tax again because the people that…are looking at Tax perspective don't care about unit price, extended amount, etc.…Let's save, I'm going to right click on the cube and…I'm going to Process it, and it's out of sync and that's correct.…We will Run, Close, Close.…Let's see if it worked.…We'll switch over to the browser.…And I'm going to reconnect, and there is what we had before.…But now if I go up here and…hit my ellipses, dot, dot, dot, there's my Tax perspective.…
Watch what happens when I switch.…See, the only measure in there now is tax.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.