Learn about all of the Paste Special commands such as Paste Values, Transpose, and Paste as Link. Author Jen McBee demonstrates several Paste Special commands, focusing on the commands that you may encounter on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.
- You know how to use cut, copy, and paste commands…in Excel to move your copy information in cells…from one area of a workbook to another.…But are you familiar with all…of the options available under Paste Special?…In this video, we're going to focus…on five of those options.…That's just a few of them.…The first will be pasting just the values.…Then we'll look at pasting the information…and retaining the column widths from the data source.…We'll learn how to paste information…and create a link back to the data source,…so if anything changes in the original file,…the information that you pasted…into the new file will also update.…
We'll also look at using the Format Painter…to copy formatting and paste it onto a range of cells.…And then we'll look at how to transpose information,…and that means we take the layout…from the row labels and the column labels,…and we flip it.…I have the 03_03 Exercise file open,…so if you're ready, let's tackle this topic.…First, let's look at pasting just the values.…I'm gonna to work with the information…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.