In this video, get an overview of the marketing cycle, and learn about the steps it takes to turn a prospect into a customer. This is key to understand, as it is ultimately analyzed to understand your marketing performance.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going…to go through an overview of the marketing cycle.…I think it's important to understand the key steps…of the marketing cycle.…Mainly because this is actually what we'll ultimately…be analyzing to understand our marketing performance.…So, let's dive right in.…The whole concept of marketing is to engage with strangers…whether those are individuals or companies,…and to move them through a number of steps…with the objective of making some of them,…and ideally, as many of them as possible,…into paying customers.…
What we call "the marketing cycle",…is the list of those steps.…Let's review those now.…It all starts with your market.…Those are the people, or companies,…that could have an interest in your product.…Of that target market, you might decide to target…a subset of that market, also know as a market segment.…The market segment you target could…very well be the entire market,…but sometimes it's not the case.…For example, you could decide to go international.…
After all, it's quite common…
- Evaluating marketing's business contribution
- Analyzing results vs. vanity metrics
- Extracting raw data to build dashboards
- Reducing human errors
- Analyzing marketing activities
- Linking actions to business impact
- Analyzing your account database and contacts database
- Analyzing paid ads and social media
- Using a common framework to analyze marketing activities
- Analyzing individual marketing activities over time
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Marketing Cycle and Business Contribution
2. Analyzing Marketing Activities
3. Improving Marketing Performance Using the Natural Selection Process
Next steps2m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.