What are the phases of the real estate cycle?
- The housing crash of 2008 seemed…to catch the world entirely by surprise.…Phrases like financial tsunami were used…to further encourage the belief…that all of it was unpredictable.…But in reality, the buildup to this real estate…market crash could have been tracked accurately,…and as well, predicted to a surprising degree of accuracy.…You see, the real cause of the crisis is much older,…much more interesting, and much, much more profitable…for investors like you and I to understand it…and be able to predict the end of this current boom…that we're already well in the process of.…
In the late 1800s, a man by the name…of Henry George noticed a very consistent cycle…that real estate markets seem to move through.…And what he found has been repeated ever since,…almost like clockwork, minus a few periods…of extreme social turmoil, for example the World War II…and the hyperinflationary years in 1970s.…Short of a major global war, we can be fairly confident…that this cycle is destined to repeat itself.…
All right, so before we go on to predict…
Note: This course uses data and example properties from the United States, but the concepts taught and tools provided are just as useful for any market.
- Determining if real estate investment is right for you
- Choosing a market and a property
- Using financing
- Strategies for first-time investors
- Real estate market cycles
- Valuing a property
- Analyzing your market
- How leverage impacts investments
- Real estate investment case studies
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Your Personal Investmentswith Jane Barratt1h 31m Intermediate
Learning Real Estate Photographywith Scott Hargis3h 21m Beginner
Excel: Analyzing and Visualizing Cash Flowswith Curt Frye1h 16m Intermediate
Start here3m 29s
1. Case Study: Joe's First Investment
2. The Many Ways to Invest in Real Estate
3. Real Estate Market Cycles
4. How to Value a Property
5. Understanding Your Market
6. What Makes a Good Investment?
7. Understanding Leverage
8. Case Study: Rental Income Property Analysis
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.