Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of PerformancePoint services, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth.
- View Offline
…Performance point services, what we're going to cover in this chapter…is show you how to create dashboards, such as you see right now on the screen and…the objects that go within the dashboards.…We're going to show you how to create KPI's such as you see right here.…I've got two KPI's, reseller sales bikes, and reseller sales accessories.…Here's another set of KPI's.…Both of those are in scorecards, and…scorecards in the land of Microsoft are objects that hold KPI's.…
We're going to show you how to create two kinds of graphs.…Here is a standard graph and here is a tabular.…We're also going to show you how to create filters and how to wire it all together.…I am going to take this filter.…Clear out a couple of the components and say, OK and now I've changed this graph.…Nothing else changed because this filter was only connected into this object here.…Let me show you how to do it, and it's really simple, it's drag and drop.…
While I'm on filters, let me give a word to the wise.…We have the ability when we're creating all of these objects,…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.