Join Michael McDonald for an in-depth discussion in this video Our project: Optimizing price, part of Data Analytics for Pricing Analysts in Excel.
- [Instructor] In this course we're going to be looking at optimizing pricing under different types of scenarios. We're going to look at a variety of different projects and we're going to put you in the role of those firms. You'll be facing different market conditions, variable market conditions, and you'll have to determine how the firms in these situations should optimize price in order to maximize profits. We're going to use Excel exercise files throughout this course and those Excel files are provided to you and contain everything you need to know to follow along with me and do the Excel exercise files as I do.
- Reviewing the pricing strategies available to firms
- Analyze pricing relationships
- Identifying different types of price discrimination
- Using pricing and revenue drivers to maximize profits and revenues
- Assessing the impact of competition and the competitive landscape
- Using variance analysis walks to analyze price and do cost analysis
- Gathering data to build pricing models and assess profit impact